Wednesday, October 12, 2016

INJURY PREVENTION WORKSHOP AT CXC

DRAWING WITH (NO) PAIN!

Yes, this weekend I will be (re)covering Drawing With No Pain! workshop at Cartoon Crossroads Columbus (aka CXC). You may have been to my First Aid for Drawing Injuries, and/or No Back Pain! or other workshops, but I think this one is the most important because..

  • I take you through the groundwork of setting up a regular injury prevention practice.
  • We explore different types of injuries, 
  • ...go over guidelines on when to see a doctor,
  • ...start to think of ourselves as "cartoonist-athletes",
  • ...and practice some simple movements and stretches that may help improve posture and relieve stress on joints.
This is the very least of it. I know it's only an hour, but you'd be surprised how much material we can pack into that small amount of time.


The workshop is on Friday October 14 at 11:00 AM. Address is below.

Oh yeah, IT'S FREE!

Come on by the Will Eisner Seminar Room in the Billy Ireland Cartoon Library & Museum.

Oh, yeah, I will be selling my mega-mini comics (No)Pain! Injury Prevention For Cartoonists, and First Aid for Drawing Injuries at the downtown brach of the Columbus Metropolitan Library, Saturday and Sunday October 15-16. 

No comments:

Post a Comment